Aaron Montgomery of the 2 Regular Guys Podcast (also our Director of Sales and Marketing) got Catalina Frank from Epson America on the phone and asked her the below questions about the new dye-sublimation Epson-F Series printers.
- Why wide format sublimation? What’s the hype all about?
- What are the biggest draws to wide-format? Is it about higher-quality goods that you can sell at a higher price? Or is it more about generating volume in a more reasonable time?
- In what other markets is this technology being utilized? What industries has it seen the most success? Does this translate to the awards and apparel markets? How?
- When did this technology really start to take hold? What was the launching point that really set it up for gaining market share?
- What kind of lateral market opportunities does this open up? Do you think it’s a good or bad thing for businesses to become more of an all-encompassing “digital decorator” versus an apparel decorator or awards retailer? Why?
Check it out: